Craftsbury Town Clerk, the place to to go in town to find out how to find what you need to find!

The Town Clerk's office is located in Craftsbury Village.

Craftsbury Town Hall


Tuesday- Friday 8:30 am- 4 pm

Mailing Address:

PO Box 55
Craftsbury, VT 05826
Phone: (802) 586-2823
Fax: (802) 586-2323

Voting Forms:

Town Reports:

Helpful Links:

Town Clerk's Office FAQs

When is Craftsbury's Town Meeting?
Town meeting is held at the Craftsbury Academy Gymnasium annually the first Tuesday in March, weather permitting. 

Does the Town have a State of Vermont Agency Contact List?
Yes, visit our page Vermont Agencies webpage .  

Is Craftsbury on town water?  
Only Craftsbury Common is on town water.  Craftsbury Fire District #2  is the water district services dwellings in the area around or near the Common. The water district is a private entity. Contact person, Steve Smith,System Operations, (802) 586-7711 ext 119.

When do I have to license my dog and what is the cost?
All dogs/wolf hybrids 6 months or older must be licensed on or before April first and must have a valid rabies vaccination certificate. The cost is $13 for females/males not spayed or $9 for spayed females/males. The rabies certificate is good for three years. A 50% penalty will be charged for dogs licensed after April first. The State of Vermont continues to recommend that all dogs and cats be vaccinated again this year due to the increased number of confirmed cases of rabies. If the rabies certificate is current, you may mail in the fee and a certificate and tag will be returned.

Can I make copies at the Craftsbury Town Clerk's Office?
Yes you can. The cost is 20 cents per page (except for records which are $1/page). Certified copies are $10/page.

Can I send or receive a fax at the Craftsbury Town Clerk's Office?
Yes, you can. Please call first if you are expecting a fax here so we know ahead of time. The cost is $1 per page.

I want to burn some brush on my property. Who do I contact?
By State law, if you wish to burn natural wood or debris outdoors, you must obtain a burning permit from the Town Fire Warden (Andrew Marckres 586-2441 or cell 279-5494). The Warden will be able to advise you on local burning regulations and current conditions.

Can I get a snowmobile registration at the Craftsbury Town Clerk's Office?
No, we do not sell snowmobile registrations. You can register locally for the Craftsbury Snowmobile Club at the Craftsbury Country Store or call 586-2832. You can also visit VAST for a list of registrants.