Craftsbury Planning Commission, taking the long view.
Craftsbury's Planning Commission prepares the Town Plan and other planning projects assigned by the Selectboard.
Planning in Craftsbury is accomplished by 9 residents appointed by the Selectboard. Meetings are called at the direction of the Chair. Membership appointments are for three year renewable terms.
David Rowell, Linda Ramsdell, Annie Rowell, Gordon Waterhouse, Tim Patterson, Farley Brown co-chair, Emily McLure co-chair
Projects are designed by the Selectboard and supervised through periodic reporting at meetings of the Selectboard and at the Annual Town Meeting.
The work of this group of residents has resulted in the following:
- Flood Plain Regulations —adopted 6 June 2001.
- Flood Plain Permit
- Revised 2016 Town Plan
- Town Plan - Land Use Map
- Town Plan - Natural Resource Constraints
- Town Plan - Soil Constraints
- Telecom Ordinance —adopted 16 May 2006
- Community Survey Summary in 2015
Do I need a Permit?
- Find a Permit Specialist
- Download the State's Permit Handbook
- Call the Environmental Assistance Division: (800) 974-9559